Super Silicone Seal has been formulated to protect all roofs against heat and ultraviolet. This product will adhere to Metal, Modified Bitumen, EPDM Rubber, and TPO.
A roller, brush, airless sprayer can be used to apply Super Silicone Seal. When used in conjunction with polyester fleece, Super Silicone Seal can be used as a flashing detail or seam repair.
Watch this video made by Flat Roof Doctor on how to apply Super Silicone Seal over seams and also painting an EPDM Rubber.
Here are some specs of Super Silicone Seal:
The repair of seams, cracks and flashing with Super Silicone Seal
- Use a steel wire brush to scrub the surface. (remove dust)
- Use masking tape to tape off 21/2″ from either side of seam or crack (optional, but looks clean when done)
- Measure and cut the correct length of fleece
- Brush 1 thick coat either the Turbo Poly Seal or Super Silicone Seal on both sides of crack or seam
- Embed the polyester fleece into the freshly painted coat (make sure there are no wrinkles)
- Apply another coat over the fleece making sure the fiber doesn’t show
- Remove the masking tape
Picture Instructions on how to make flashing repair with Super Silicone Seal:
- Start by using masking tape to mark the area where the Super Silicone Seal flashing detail will be done. Clean the surface area with a rag.
2. Measure and cut to size the polyester fleece to be installed with Super Silicone Seal
3. Apply the first coat by using a brush of Super Silicone Seal over the pipe and roof area.
4. Cut tabs into the Super Silicone Fleece about 2 inches long.
5. Install Fleece around the pipe with tabs spread around lying flat on the roof.
6. Apply a final coat of Super Silicone Seal covering the fleece completely
7. Repairing a seam on an EPDM Rubber Roof with Super Silicone Seal. Tape off area to avoid spillover
8. Apply a thick coat of Super Silicone Seal covering more than 2 inches either side of EPDM Rubber Seam
9. Install a fleece and then paint a final coat of Super Silicone Seal covering the fleece
10. Remove the masking tape immediately after completing the coating of Super Silicone Seal
11. The Super Silicone Seal will be touch dry after 30 min but need another 24 hours to cure.